Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Streets of Tacoma Customer Review~~Amazon.com



Review Street of Tacoma

November 12, 2001

By A Customer
So based on where you can see I'm from, the reasons for my picking up this book are probably obvious. Especially when you add in the fact that I am an amateur jazz musician/enthusiast. But moreover I am a lover of good literature and that is where I was impressed by this book. I really dug the changing first person perspective from chapter to chapter, it was very cool to get inside the heads of so many different characters.

The interwoven tale really pulled me in and made this book hard to put down. The biggest drawback I found was that the editing seemed a little bit shabby and I found many obvious typos--occasionally things needed a bit of deciphering. It was tempting to mark my copy up with red ink and send it back to the publisher.

Perhaps if there is a 2nd edition of this book some of these will be fixed. Anyway, don't let the typos scare you away, this is truly a pleasure to read both from the perspective of a "local" and from the perspective of an avid reader.







No comments:

Post a Comment